The Accountant performs professional accounting work, including auditing, analyzing and verifying fiscal records and reports, preparing financial and statistical reports, providing information regarding accounting practices and procedures, and reconciling general ledger accounts; prepares year-end audit reports and schedules performs related work as required.
1. Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, financial statements, subsidiary accounts and comparative reports, monthly account reconciliation’s and cost reports.
2. Analyzes and reconciles expenditure and revenue accounts, including trustee accounts and investment reports.
3. Makes wire transfers and journal funding transfers and reconciles monthly bank statements.
4. Monitors grant revenues and expenditures, ensuring data is recorded in the City’s financial accounting system.
5. Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings and tracks receivables; reconciles monthly accounts receivable.
6. Prepares audit schedules for external auditors and acts as a liaison between the City and auditors.
7. Assists independent auditors with interim and year-end audit.
8. Keeps informed of all government regulations and procedures affecting company finance and accounting procedures.
9. May oversee key segment of accounting, such as accounts payable, payroll, fundraising or inventory.
10. Assist in the care & maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|