Legal Officer – Gastronomica
With Gastronomica’s expansion into the GCC, we are looking for a diligent, meticulous and focused Legal Officer to join our offices in either Dubai or Kuwait. This is a great opportunity for you to grow and build your legal skills and experience within a fast growing industry.
As the Legal Officer you will coordinate and assist to manage all legal matters within the Group including contract issues with regards to property acquisitions, rentals, sales and resale and the setting up of new ventures and other matters affecting the business. You will be responsible for ensuring the legality of commercial transactions, advising management on their legal rights and duties. In addition, you will be tasked with communicating proficiently with the Groups clients, maintain and update all areas assigned to him/her, as well as coordinating between clients and senior colleagues on the progress. A key part of the Gastronomica team you will ensure that all administrative aspects of the assignment are professionally handled and, you must be fluent in English and Arabic with drafting a priority.
Duties will to include but will not be limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements including a wide array of commercial transaction documents and related agreements.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contract provisions within all range of agreements required in the operations of the organization.
- Supporting M&A and corporate transactions and other wider projects with due diligence, research and ancillary contracts.
- Drafting advice to clients on corporate legal issues.
- Drafting various commercial agreements covering supply, distribution, consultancy, advertising and legal notices.
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of proposals, pitches, presentations and legal training materials.
- Advising on the protection, registration (excluding prosecution) and licensing of patents, copyright and trademarks, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts including IP licenses.
- Advising clients on the identification and ability to protect the full spectrum of IP rights, including knowledge of the registration process. The role will not involve any IP prosecution capability.
Client Communications :
- Effectively communicate with clients and is required to provide prompt updates on the progress of the matter.
- Communicate and discuss strategies of the matter at hand with the client (subsequent to discussing strategy with senior colleagues of the Firm).
- Report to senior colleagues at all times and regularly meet with the company’s senior legal consultants to discuss any relevant developments.
- If required by the Legal Consultant; correspond with the client and request documents as required for the transaction.
- Attend all client calls; and
- Request and properly file documents received from the client.
Assist Legal Consultants :
- Effectively communicate and coordinate all matters related to the client’s corporate matter with the assigned Legal Consultant.
- To review and study the corporate matter and prepare a synopsis of the issue including facts and pertinent strategies, prior to discussing the issue with superiors.
- To discuss the documents with the senior members of the team, update on the hearing schedule and Tribunal submissions.
- To procure documents from the Client as required from time-to-time.
- To assist the Senior Colleagues in meetings with the client.
- To update the Senior Colleagues and Management.
- To ensure that the client is billed for all matters handled by the Associate.
- To ensure that time-sheets for hourly billed clients are provided to the Accounts Department on monthly basis.
- To check and follow clients on payment of invoices related to government/tribunal fees and translation charges. (The Accounts Department will also follow but this would be an additional follow up with the Client).
- To check with the Accounts Department regularly on payment of government/ tribunal fees received from Clients.
- This job description does not in any manner imply or misconstrued to be the only duties to be performed by the Associate. An Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties that may be assigned from time-to-time by his/her superiors.
- Willing to travel as and when required between offices of the group to coordinate and implement duties that may be assigned by his/her superiors.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|