Senior Auditor – Burgan Bank
Purpose and Scope
Executes audit plans by supervising the audit team, making recommendations to overcome audit shortcomings. Conducts internal audit functions to determine effectiveness of the Bank’s controls and accuracy of accounting data, financial records, efficiency of operations, and use of appropriate testing approaches in order to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures in addition to CBK rules and regulations.
- Participates in developing detailed audit plans and programs for audit assignments based on risk assessments. Directs execution to ensure application of best internal auditing practices.
- Implements audit procedures and prepare documentation in accordance with the IIA and IA Manual standards to ensure quality control.
- Identifies and assesses business risks to evaluate and improve the underlying business processes and internal controls and makes value added recommendations.
- Supervises the work of auditors/assistant auditors and ensures that professional standards adopted in the execution of audit assignments. Reviews audit working paper files of auditors to ensure satisfactory completion of audit assignment. Ultimately evaluates their performance.
- Leads and / or participate in special assignments and/or investigations of irregularities, as requested.
- Follows-up on corrective actions required based on the Internal, External Auditors, CBK inspectors, ICR reports to ensure these are implemented effectively and timely.
- Develops, coaches and advises subordinates. Provides guidance in resolving complex or sensitive problems. Maintains and promotes positive employee relations in the work environment.
- Uses advanced writing skills to prepare result oriented, consistent and coherent audit reports that add value and affect positive change. Generates and escalates periodic and requested reports ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Participates in the various cross-functional committees/teams for multiple purposes to achieve optimal cooperation and to assume seamless quality service.
- Assist the audit manager/Team Leader in risk assessments and in highlighting risk areas that could be included in the audit universe.
- Maintains updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards in the field and related matters of interest to the department.
- Performs other duties in line with scope of work and as assigned by the direct manager.
Reporting To General Audit Manager
Providing Work Direction to Internal Auditors, Asst. Auditors
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|