Senior Security Engineer – Abyat
# Hardware/Software Auditing Management
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of Security equipment and security operating systems.
• Secures an information technology infrastructure that provides reliable, measurable, consistent, responsive and secure enterprise network services.
• Deters and prevents cyber-crime that plagues corporations and government agencies; identity and data theft, hacking and invasion of privacy.
• Guards vital information systems vigilantly to fight cyber-crime.
• Handles web and network security exploits, intrusion prevention, network traffic analysis, cryptography and encryption.
• Maintenance of the network’s authorization infrastructure, as well as network backup systems.
• Routing protocols and routing table configuration assignment.
• Configuration of authentication, authorization and directory services.
# Security Management-Anti-Virus Security
• Choosing appropriate anti-virus software as per organizational requirements
• Activating software on the computer
• Managing anti-virus software in the client PC over main server
• Automatically detecting old version anti-virus software at client PCs and upgrading
• Analyzing the log and taking action if necessary
# Security Management-Internet Security
• Assigning fixed/uniform browser for all ABYAT users (e.g. only Netscape, or only Internet Explorer etc.)
• Adjusting security settings for the browsers
• Ensuring that settings are not changed (security setup)
• Reviewing Firewall Policy and updating firewall
• Controlling the firewall regularly, analyzing the log and taking action if necessary
# Security Management-Telephone Security
• Selecting appropriate IP telephones (communications system) as per organization’s needs
• Defining and allocating all internal numbers
• Allocating unique codes to all staff to ensure call authority
• Enabling CLIP functionality to enable incoming call ID.
• Logging all call information in the form of a Call Log which include information like called number, duration of call, call expense, etc.
• Reporting calls to HR department.
# Capacity Modeling and Planning
• Monitoring and reporting capacity performance throughout IT systems and the supporting infrastructure
• Reviewing business plan, IT development plans to identify the future demand on the systems under consideration
• Defining the scope of the system under examination
• Developing/revising Capacity Performance Measurement Metrics
• Analyzing system workload, performance trends and demand to determine bottlenecks and under/over utilization and gathering Capacity Data
• Producing forecasts and what-if scenarios for future requirements
• Performing a gap analysis and preparing a Gap Analysis Report, to specify the hardware, software etc. that need technical improvements or investments
• Identifying workforce needs and/or skills and training requirements
• Performing cost analysis for additional workforce, tools and equipment needs
# Contingency Planning
• Identifying Statutory or Regulatory Requirements for Contingency Plans
• Identifying Critical IT Resources
• Identifying outage impacts and allowable outage times
• Developing recovery priorities
• Identifying Preventive Controls
• Implementing and maintaining controls
• Identifying data and system recovery methods
• Developing Contingency Plan
• Developing Test Objectives
• Developing Success Criterea
• Testing plan and identifying gaps
• Documenting lessons learned and incorporating them into the Contingency Plan
• Training Abyat personnel
• Activating Contingency Plan
IT.SY.06 Disaster Recovery Planning
• Performing a thorough security assessment of the environment and preparing a Security Assessment Report
• Identifying all IT components to be considered
• Conducting business impact assessment (HQ, Warehouse, Stores) and preparing a Business Impact Assessment Report
• Developing a profile of recovery requirements to use as a basis for analyzing alternative recovery methods (short/mid/long term)
• Determining a Recovery Plan scope, objectives, assumptions and components (recovery teams, roles etc.)
• Reviewing existing data processing operating procedures vendor contract negotiations (with suppliers of recovery services)
• Getting technical proposal from service providers
• Communicating with General Purchasing Department to identify budgetary requirements
• Preparing a proposed Disaster Recovery Plan with budgetary requirement
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|