Teaching Assistant – Mechanical Engineering – Australian College of Kuwait
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head of Department
DEPARTMENT: Mechanical Engineering
FUNCTION: Responsible to the Head of
Department for preparation, teaching, assessment and coordination of the student teaching and learning process.
1. Prepare and develop descriptions and summaries of units included in the curriculum.
2. Prepare assessments for the purpose of evaluation and improving student performance.
3. Prepare learning sources that needs to be in the library as a reference for students.
4. Determination of needed IT resources to facilitate the academic plans.
5. Maintain accurate records of student data such as grades and attendance.
6. Supervision of student projects.
7. Substitute for other instructors within field or discipline in case of absence.
8. Actively contribute in serving the society.
9. Participate in graduation ceremonies.
10. Assist the Faculty with their teaching duties, including: participation in preparation of unit materials, mentoring students in need of help and proctoring examinations, etc.
11. Encourage student interaction and engagement with Faculty led activities.
12. Support and supervise students in lessons in relation to learning strategies.
13. Comply with ACK policies and procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: To ensure that teaching and learning and associated duties are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Undertake tasks under general direction and supervision, based on established practices and procedures, provided by the Head of Department.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|