Visual Merchandise Manager
• Direct liaison with DKNY and Donna Karan Visual teams with regards to seasonal themes, directions and implementation.
• Plan and manage the implementation of a seasonal visual merchandising calendar in all MENA Regions that Al Yasra operates DKNY and Donna Karan brands.
• Consistently maintain brand visual standards, both windows and interiors of stores and any marketing or other activity that involves the product.
• Drive product sell-through via effective re-merchandising of stores, working in liaison with Senior Merchandise Planner in Division.
• Effectively plan VM and store layout for new collection launches.
1. Liaise with Brand VM teams on all issues related to VM; discuss planning and implementation.
2. Provide regular feedback to the Brands in both visual and documented form.
3. Plan and oversee implementation of a Regional VM Calendar.
4. Oversee all activities of local VM’s in each Region of operation.
5. Conduct regular training and coaching for all local VM’s and manages their personal development.
6. Take full responsibility for set up of new stores in new regions. Be present at all new store openings for pre-opening preparation and set-up, whenever possible.
7. Manage creation of new Project Request Forms for new stores, in liaison with Senior Merchandise Planner, outlining required space for each collection and display capacities.
8. Direct and oversee visual changes in store and rotation of window displays.
9. Work with Senior Merchandiser and reports to prioritize collections in store based on sales.
10. Review photographs of stores from local VM’s weekly and provide detailed feedback and direction.
11. Develop ideas and initiatives for merchandise displays and window decorations.
12. Visually merchandise the wholesale showroom when applicable.
13. Consult with merchandise planning, marketing and area managers to get feedback on the type of merchandise to be featured and ideal timing for each display.
14. Direct local VM’s on how to arrange furniture, backdrops, themes, lighting, colors, and props to be used and other accessories, as shown in guidelines and seasonal themes.
15. Oversee construction of display components from fabric, glass, paper, and plastic, using hand tools and woodworking power tools, according to specifications, using local suppliers when required.
16. Oversee maintenance of props and mannequins, and placing orders where necessary. Also oversee non-stock items such as wooden hangers, hand bag stands, display trays etc. and place re-orders when necessary. Maintain records.
17. Support sales team whenever required with updates to VM.
Key Performance Indicators “KPI”
– Accurate displays that consistently meet and exceed Brand standards 55%
– Training and Development of team of VM’s 25%
– Clear VM calendar management 10%
– Reporting 5%
– Maintains clear and professional communication with Brands 5%
|Career Level:||Mid Career|